Showcase IDX offers you the ability to customize your plugin to fit the theme of your website. You can customize the colors and fonts right from the Design settings.
You can find more information and view a video tutorial of these instructions.
When clicking on the small, square boxes labeled 'background' and 'text color' is a handy color picker tool to easily find your desired color.
A really useful tool we use at Showcase IDX is the ColorPick Eyedropper Chrome extension which allows you to easily pick a color on a webpage and grab the hexcode for it. Another great tool is ColorZilla.
The settings in this section are very basic and provide limited customization. Not all of Showcase IDX's elements are tied to these settings and will require additional CSS. You don't have to be a developer to use CSS but you would need to know how to find the specific elements you are looking for. In order to make it easy for you to update your site as you see fit, we list all the common elements that agents may be looking to update on their website to fit their theme and brand. Each code can be placed in the Custom CSS box on the design settings page in the admin.
Things to consider
- Please remember that when using codes, the !important tag must be present in any code in order to override the original code.
- The #hexcode that you see can be replaced with any color code that you need. (example - #662f63) Remember to keep the hashtag # in front of the color code or the element will not change.
- Any code that you apply to your website may require the cache to be purged within your caching plugin or on your browser. You can use an incognito or private browser to check for the update as well.
- If your code is NOT working, please review the code for any additional characters that you might have added as additional characters can break the code and cause it not to work.
- Any additional customization or CSS changes will be done at your own risk as any future updates could break the CSS. We suggest contacting a professional website developer in order to make any desired changes. Showcase IDX will not be responsible for any broken CSS on your website if elements have been customized.
Don't see something you're looking for? Let us know! We'll be happy to help you figure it out and create content for future users. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-478-0181.